I’ve had a couple of people ask me what I eat everyday. I thought it would be beneficial to those that are interested to post it as an entry rather than in a comment reply so here it is! 🙂 So… to warn you, I am VERY boring when it comes to food. I eat basically the same thing EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Honestly, this is not a new habit that I started the supervised diet as I have always been this way. In the past, I just ate the same BAD things every day lol.
My goal is to maximum protein and minimize carbs. I don’t really worry to much about fats because I don’t believe certain fats are the enemy. Also, if I’m striving to maximize protein then I’m not choosing fatty meats anyway! So, here’s what a day looks like for me
- Protein = 95-100g
- Carbs = 11 – 19g
- Fats = 25 – 30g
- Water = 80 – 110 oz
- Breakfast = (3) Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links w/ 1/8 cup shredded reduced-fat colby jack cheese
- AM Snack = 1 oz beef jerkey (great value brand bought from Wal-Mart)
- Lunch = 2.25 oz of Tyson grilled chicken strips with 1/8 cup shredded reduced-fat colby jack cheese
- Afternoon Snack = 1 oz beef jerkey
- Dinner = 1/2 Butterball turkey burger w/ 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat colby jack cheese
- PM Snack (optional) = 1 Strawberry or Raspberry Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt
The only thing that really differs in my meal is that sometimes when I go out to eat, I eat grilled shrimp, chili, or part of a grilled chicken salad. I eat at the same times everyday as well. It’s routine and I like it. I don’t need variety… I need to be healthy…. I need to get to goal…. I need to not give food so much power over me!!